Fish On Steroids!!! Purina Trout Chow

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
Every fish keeper has wondered at sometime how they could make their Fish even bigger and better. I've heard that specially formulated Trout Feed is formulated with a variety of drugs. These improve the fish immunity and growth factors. Has anyone ever tried feeding their pet fish Trout Chow??? and if so did you notice any difference??? I'm thinking of trying an experiment. Start with two small Pacu in a divided 100 gal tank and feed one just Trout Chow and the other regular stuff. Any ideas on this thread welcome.

:1zhelp:

MrfisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2005
New Hampshire
I have no knowledge of trout chow, but I think I might try that experiment with a fish that doesnt get so big, but sounds like you might be on to something .

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Yea if it works with a pacu (or even if it doesnt) you'll soon have a monster that you cant get rid of, and then it would start a fight over if you should eat it or not lol

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
Its not the first time i've eaten a pet FisH!!! I recall eating a few Pacu's i once had they were about 9" and quite tasty.

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
there u go get to big u can have a nice druged up fish for dinner

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
lol

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
bro if your going to do it do it in a 180 gal or bigger so they got some room dogg!
keep us posted if you do... :D or try HB'S oscar grow smell's like trout chow...
:thumbsup:

Ornatapinnis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
Dayton Ohio
Trout chow is a cheap food manufactured for fish farmers, not anything special about it that I am aware of. I used it to feed my larger sa & ca cichlids. Kind-of a messy food to use though.

Joel

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
Trout food is not top notch stuff, probably lower quality then the pellets you buy at the store. It probably does have additives but they probably are not good for the fish long term. They are used simply to get a larger fatter fish so it can be slaughtered sooner. With that said, while in college a friend of mine fed his betta trout food....it died not long after he got it. I am not saying the trout food had anything to do with that but who knows.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
My buddy uses trout chow for all his fish and they are fine. But they do grow rather fast now that I think of it. You can get it at Pet Supplies Plus. 56 cents a pound I believe you can't beat it for the price. If you are going to use it I recommend refridgerating it because it often gets infused with tiny worms if left out. You may not see them right away but you will notice them in the tank on the glass if you leave any food in there after a feeding. Can't be good for the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store