MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Don't just look at the fine. Court fees, in KY, can add up quickly

$100 per day for case review
$100 filing fee charged by the court secretary
$60 to file an appeal
$10 to receive a judgement.
$65 for counter-complaint to try to get the fish back (plus holding/quarantine/feed/vet fees by the holding authority)

There are dozens of other fees that can be attached to a little $25 fine.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
And if the feds push it they can go after you also, they can also do strange stuff like ban you from owning fish tanks for a period of years.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
What a f*ckin' dick! He was invited into someone's house and reports him?! I'd kick his @$$ for getting me fined and getting my fish taken away!

quads4_life

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2005
TX
:iagree: That is BS I have a Tilapia buttikoferi and I have been told that it is illegal in Texas but I dont know for sure. I would sure be kicking someone's tail if they caused me to loose my family pet

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
quads4_life said:
:iagree: That is BS I have a Tilapia buttikoferi and I have been told that it is illegal in Texas but I dont know for sure. I would sure be kicking someone's tail if they caused me to loose my family pet
Don't go showing off that butt. to just anyone. Read it and weep:

TEXAS:

In order to manage and conserve our natural resources, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department must protect our state waters against the introduction of non-native aquatic species. Fish, shellfish, and aquatic plants that are not native to Texas may compete with native animals and plants for food and space.

The organisms listed on this page are legally classified as exotic, harmful, or potentially harmful. No person may import, possess, sell, or place them into water of this state except as authorized by rule or permit issued by the department. For more information, contact Joedy Gray, (512) 389-8037.

Fish | Shellfish | Aquatic Plants

Fish

Lampreys, Family Petromyzontidae
All species except Chestnut Lamprey, Ichthyomyzon castaneus and Southern Brook Lamprey, I. gagei

Freshwater Stingrays, Family Potamotrygonidae - All species

Arapaima, Family Osteoglossidae - Arapaima gigas

Dourados, Family Characidae, Subfamily Bryconinae -All species of genus Salminus

Rhaphiodontid Characoids, Family Characidae, Subfamily Rhaphiodontinae
All species of genera Hydrolycus and Rhaphiodon (synonymous with Cynodon)

South American Pike Characoids, Families Characidae and Ctenolucidae
All species of genera Acestrorhynchus, Ctenolucius (Boulengerella) and Luciocharax (Hydrocinus)

African Pike Characoids, Families Hepsetidae and Ichthyboridae - All species

South American Tiger Fishes, Family Erythrinidae - All species

African Tiger Fishes, Family Alestidae, Subfamily Hydrocyninae - All species

Piranhas and Pirambebas, Family Serrasalmidae, Subfamily Serrasalminae - All species

Freshwater Eels, Family Anguilliidae - All species except American Eel, Anguilla rostrata

Swamp Eels, Rice Eels or One-Gilled Eel, Family Synbranchidae - All species

Electric Eel, Family Electrophoridae - Electrophorus electricus

Carps, Family Cyprinidae - All species and hybrids of species of genera Ctenopharyngodon (Grass Carp), Mylopharyngodon (Black Carp), Aristichthys (Bighead Carp), Hypophthalmichthys (Silver Carp), Cirrhina (Mud Carp and relatives) and Thynnichthys (Sandhkol and other Thynnichthyid Carp)

Rudd and Roach, Family Cyprinidae - All species of genera Scardinius and Rutilus

Old World Breams, Family Cyprinidae - All species of genera Abramis, Blicca, Megalobrama and Parabramis

Old World Chubs, Ide, and Dace, Family Cyprinidae - All species of the genus Leuciscus

Asps and Yellowcheek, Family Cyprinidae - All species of the genera Aspius, Pseudaspius, Aspiolucius and Elopichthys

Giant Barbs, Mahseers, and Catla, Family Cyprinidae - All species of the genera Tor and Catla and the species Barbus tor (synonymous with Barbus hexagoniolepis)

Walking Catfishes, Family Clariidae - All species

Electric Catfishes, Family Malapteruridae - All species

South American Parasitic Catfishes, Family Trichomycteridae, Subfamilies Stegophilinae and Vandelliinae - All species

Whale Catfishes, Family Cetopsidae - All species

Airsac Catfishes, Family Heteropneustidae - All species of genus Heteropneustes

Pike Killifish, Family Poeciliidae - Belonesox belizanus

Marine Stonefishes, Family Synanceiidae - All species

Tilapia, Family Cichlidae - All species of genus Tilapia (including Sarotherodon and Oreochromis)

Snakeheads, Family Channidae - All species

Asian Pikeheads, Family Luciocephalidae - All species

Old World Pike-Perches, Family Percidae - All species of the genus Stizostedion except Walleye, Stizostedion vitreum and Sauger, S. canadense

Ruff, Family Percidae - All species of genus Gymnocephalus

Nile Perch, Family Centropomidae - All species of genera Lates and Luciolates

Seatrouts and Corvinas, Family Sciaenidae - All species of genus Cynoscion except Spotted Seatrout, Cynoscion nebulosus; Silver Seatrout, C. nothus and Sand Seatrout, C. arenarius

Shellfish

Crayfishes, Family Parastacidae - All species of genus Astacopsis

Mittencrabs, Family Grapsidae - All species of genus Eriocheir

Giant Ram's-horn Snails, Family Ampullariidae (synonymous with Pilidae) - All species of genus Marisa

Channeled Applesnail, Family Ampullariidae - Pomacea canaliculata

Zebra Mussels, Family Dreissenidae - All species of genus Dreissena

Penaeid Shrimp, Family Penaeidae - All species of genera Litopenaeus and Farfantepenaeus except White Shrimp, L. setiferus; Brown Shrimp, F. aztecus and Pink Shrimp, F. duorarum

Pacific Oyster, Family Ostreidae - Crassostrea gigas

Aquatic Plants

Giant Duckweed, Family Lemnaceae - Spirodela oligorhiza

Salvinia, Family Salviniaceae - All species of genus Salvinia

Waterhyacinth and Rooted Waterhyacinth, Family Pontederiaceae - Eichhornia crassipes and Eichhornia azurea

Waterlettuce, Family Araceae - Pistia stratiotes

Hydrilla, Family Hydrocharitaceae - Hydrilla verticillata

Lagarosiphon, Family Hydrocharitaceae - Lagarosiphon major

Eurasian Watermilfoil, Family Haloragaceae - Myriophyllum spicatum

Alligatorweed, Family Amaranthaceae - Alternanthera philoxeroides

Paperbark, Family Myrtaceae - Melaleuca quinquenervia

Torpedograss, Family Gramineae - Panicum repens

Water Spinach, Family Convolvulaceae - Ipomoea aquatica

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store