New tire track eel

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
Ok so my 180 is set up and got my first eel its a tire track eel. Only had the guy one day and its already my favorite fish i have owned. The tank is 6x2x2 and houses the eel, 2 eclipse catfish and misc tetras prolly food later i know. anyways the eel loves worms but what else will it eat? and will get pics up tomorrow, water not looking the greatest huge piece of wood so leaking tannis

crazyforcrabs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2007
India
Awesome dude...Tiretracks are my favourite Spiny eels...I'm sure you'll love the little tyke..

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
he is awsome just wish i didnt have this tannis leakin into my tank goin to the LFS to look for some plants then will get some pics up

mohammad taufiq

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2007
Singapore
azfishfool;1378311; said:
Ok so my 180 is set up and got my first eel its a tire track eel. Only had the guy one day and its already my favorite fish i have owned. The tank is 6x2x2 and houses the eel, 2 eclipse catfish and misc tetras prolly food later i know. anyways the eel loves worms but what else will it eat? and will get pics up tomorrow, water not looking the greatest huge piece of wood so leaking tannis
mine love bloodworms and ghost shrimp feeders.. :)

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
tank is full of ghost shrimp now, the eel seems to be breathing heavy/fast is this normal? uploading pics as we speak

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
full tank shot like i said bear with me on the tannis

pokin his head out

will add more pics as i get better shots, gotta keep changing the water though, he is in with hy511 tetras, head and tail light tetras, eclipse catfish, common pleco and ghost shrimp

azfishfool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Arizona
mine likes worms, hasnt messed with the tetras or ghost shrimp at this point

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
how big once it gets over a foot your tetras will start to go missing try all types of worms but also shrimp fish fillets and crustations like crayfish its important to try to get it to eat some type of fish or shrimp while its young you don't wan't to just feed it worms they love worms but that can be the proublem when they get old its really hard to get them off worms

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store