diy floating turtle dock idea, help plz

regis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2007
ontario canada
what i was thinking was taking a large piece of styrofoam and covering it with a thin coat of body filler (to hold up to claws) and then painting it with krylon fusion, my question is would body filler be aquarium safe?? or would it matter since it would be coated with krylon fusion??

muckieman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
georgia
if that isn't you could allways add exopy coating :)

Ric Foster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
Sanbernardino CA.
I cut a 4" x 6" piece of pine that was 3/4" thick and angled the sides like a pyramid. It floats well. I thought it would eventually sink. but 10 months later its still great. I didnt seal it or nuthing. your idea will probably work well also but I would be worried about the toxicity of the body filler too. G/L

Kobeclone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Kansas
Ric Foster;1404807; said:
I cut a 4" x 6" piece of pine that was 3/4" thick and angled the sides like a pyramid. It floats well. I thought it would eventually sink. but 10 months later its still great. I didnt seal it or nuthing. your idea will probably work well also but I would be worried about the toxicity of the body filler too. G/L
Good Idea. I would go with that before I put body filler in a tank.

ColdwaterCreekGuide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2007
Alabama
www.myspace.com
I'm also trying to DIY a styrofoam turtle dock, any luck with that, Regis?
I just want to maximize swimming space in my 55 but still have a nice place for my turtle to dry out. I'm tired of stacking rocks and keeping the water level lowered.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Cedar works well too. It is very boyant, but it will stain the water for a while. It is a good water change indicator :)

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Plastic or nylon cutting boards work very well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store