Nov 11, 2006
Pa
:barf:

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
With my truck that thing would be a speed bump....LOL.. And a 5 passenger???? For who, if you weigh more that a buck o five it won't apply to you...LOL..

KatieR

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2015
Oakland, California
Thanks for this. Well, it was released a few years after this post and it actually gained positive and negative feedback, mostly negative though. The Tata Nano is, Tata Motors has verified, going to be brought to the United States down the road. It probably will not be the $2,500 bare-bones affair sold in India, but rather engineered to meet regulations to be sold and it will be a bit pricier, but still cheap.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
With my truck that thing would be a speed bump....LOL.. And a 5 passenger???? For who, if you weigh more that a buck o five it won't apply to you...LOL..
Well, considering over there the see no issue with having four people on a motorcycle, this should be like a limo.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I owned a 91 honda civic. It got 45+ mpg. Paid $250 for it. Drove it for a good while, sold it for $100 with 260k+ miles on it. Its still out there chugging away.

If I'm going to buy another death trap econobox that slays the mpg's I'll snag an old D15 civic or 3cyl geo metro for a few hundred bucks.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Here's my experience with fuel efficient cars. When I saw my friend's golf set propped up at an angle in his Prius (because that was the only way he could fit the clubs in his car), I knew that the Prius was not for me. The Prius V is another story altogether. While I only get 40 mpg on the average, we drive the car very hard (no one passes us) and we certainly don't drive it like many Prius drivers--cruising along at 23 mph ticking off all the drivers behind them because the readout says the car is running at 99 mpg. The Prius V legitimately seats five passengers (we have had two men in the back seat who were over 6' tall. The car has a huge cargo area. I have had my harp, harp dolly and bench in the car, and my husband said we still had room for two golf sets. My husband refers to my car as "your truck". The first time I drove 500 miles on a tank of gas, I took a picture of the dash and posted it on Facebook.

Of course, the Prius V cannot compete with the Tata car in terms of price or gas mileage...but I guess we can't have everything in life. I bet the Tata couldn't haul my harp.....

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I'm all about fuel efficient cars. Sports cars are great and all but a man needs something economical and reliable to do the daily commute.

Toyota and Honda made so many amazing cars in the 90's. World class engineering and build quality and yet so rudimentary and simple. Iron sleeved blocks, forged rods and cranks, hydraulic roller overhead camsn etc. They can be had now for little to nothing, and they run forever. Literally. 30 mpg is nothing to turn your nose up at, when the car costs $1500 and will run hundreds of thoudands of miles with nothing more than regular maintenance. My 99 Accord with 230k miles gets 30+ mpg all day long, and I whail on the thing.

That's what ill be driving until they all disapear, or get drstroyed in fast and furious movies.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store