New African Pike :)

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Supos they had Snakeheads (African Pike), but when I showed up they were hepets Odoe (African Pike).
I wanted a new one, so I bought a baby at 4-5":D
I did not think you could get Snakeheads in the U.S

PIC-0164.jpg

jdryden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2007
Bentonville, Arkansas
I wish I could find stuff like that around here. I can't even hardly get polypterus. Last time I asked about a h. odoe they had no clue what I was talking about. Good looking fish.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
jdryden;1430933; said:
I wish I could find stuff like that around here. I can't even hardly get polypterus. Last time I asked about a h. odoe they had no clue what I was talking about. Good looking fish.
Last time I bought a 8" Odoe and in 48 hrs he scratched the hell out of all my tank mates. Took him back!
I figure since he is young I could hopefuly grow him to a peacefull one. Although my 8.25 Red Tail Payara is chasing him every here and there. My 9.5" spotted Gar don't mess with him, the pike actualy seems to try to school with him. As for "Sugar Ray" (my Motoro pup at 4") pays no mind to him. Probly cause they swim at diff levels of the tank.

Back on my way to a Tooth Tank :)
Now just to find another good looking VATF:D:D:D:D:D

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
jdryden;1430933; said:
i think those are readily available at a shop near me. its kinda a hole in the wall lfs but the guy gets in some unique oddball stuff in there on occassion. not sure if he ships but i can try and hook you up with his info if you like.

nice pick up west.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
West1;1430923; said:
Supos they had Snakeheads (African Pike), but when I showed up they were hepets Odoe (African Pike).
I wanted a new one, so I bought a baby at 4-5":D
I did not think you could get Snakeheads in the U.S
they grow fast and dont live very long, four to five years max and its a kafu pike :D

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
in cali snake heads are illegal, at least that's what I thought. nice pick up west! sounds like the other fish can eat him if they wanted to.

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
hahaha, nice pick up West. I knew it sounded to good to be true....At least you got an Odoe outta the deal man. They are still crazy bastids.....

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Fishes33;1431230; said:
they grow fast and dont live very long, four to five years max and its a kafu pike :D
Wow, I did not know that. I think he has no choice but to grow fast as he could be dinner:D

sicxspeed;1431271; said:
hahaha, nice pick up West. I knew it sounded to good to be true....At least you got an Odoe outta the deal man. They are still crazy bastids.....
:D You know what I mean!;):headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store