Champsochromis the true monster malawi

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
I ordered some, but now that they got larger it was appearant that they were hybrids between the spilorhynchus and aristochromis christii.

I should have some real spilorhynchus in the near future. Where did you get yours?

If you want monsters, have a look at the Buccochromis Heterotaenia. And the real one, you don't get them in the normal aqaurium hobby, the Novochromis Livingstonii

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
Wimmels;1431789; said:
I ordered some, but now that they got larger it was appearant that they were hybrids between the spilorhynchus and aristochromis christii.

I should have some real spilorhynchus in the near future. Where did you get yours?

If you want monsters, have a look at the Buccochromis Heterotaenia. And the real one, you don't get them in the normal aqaurium hobby, the Novochromis Livingstonii
Ha nice i got him off my boss.

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Other Malawi Monsters:

Aristochromis christyi
Exochromis anagenys
Fossorochromis rostratus
Lichnochromis acuticeps
Dimidiochromis kiwinge
Ramphochromis sp.
Tyrannochromis sp.
Serranochromis robustus

There is no Novochromis livingstonii. There is Nimbochromis livingstonii. All members of Nimbochromis are larger species.

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Wimmels;1434508; said:
The one on the photo is supposed to be a Novochromis, you don't get them in the normal aqaurium trade as they need huge basins
When was the genus "Novochromis" erected? To my knowledge there is not, nor has there been a genus "Novochromis".
Naevochromis is valid but the only species in that genus is N. chrysogaster.
If there was a "Novochromis livingstonii" the fact that they supposedly "need huge basins" would not prevent them from being exported. Political problems that would make collection unsafe, as is the problem in some parts of Africa, would.

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
straitjacketstar;1435973; said:
When was the genus "Novochromis" erected? To my knowledge there is not, nor has there been a genus "Novochromis".
Naevochromis is valid but the only species in that genus is N. chrysogaster.
If there was a "Novochromis livingstonii" the fact that they supposedly "need huge basins" would not prevent them from being exported. Political problems that would make collection unsafe, as is the problem in some parts of Africa, would.
To be hounoust I don't know, I was told this(and like in the fish hobby/trade a lot is said).

It isn't a Naevochromis as I have the Chrysogaster as well.

Do you have any clue what this could be then? It sure isn't the ordinary Nimbochromis Livingstonii as they don't get this large

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Wimmels;1436527; said:
To be hounoust I don't know, I was told this(and like in the fish hobby/trade a lot is said).

It isn't a Naevochromis as I have the Chrysogaster as well.

Do you have any clue what this could be then? It sure isn't the ordinary Nimbochromis Livingstonii as they don't get this large
IMO someone made a spelling error.
What the fish in the picture could be? Several things, exactly what, I don't know. It's a terrible shot of the fish itself for identification purposes. I can't tell if that's the fish's blotchy pattern or the lighting.

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
straitjacketstar;1436885; said:
IMO someone made a spelling error.
What the fish in the picture could be? Several things, exactly what, I don't know. It's a terrible shot of the fish itself for identification purposes. I can't tell if that's the fish's blotchy pattern or the lighting.
It is supposed to be blotched and looks a lot like a Nimbochromis Livingstonii only exeptionally large(as can be seen on the photo).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store