Green water

truman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Anyone have advice on clearing up the water in a tank that's got green water?

I don't wish to use a UV sterilizer, is it possible to change water in a way that prevents this green water?

ahlex

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2005
Singapore
ok u can use those liquids tat bind these free floating algae into particles which will then be filtered by e filtration system... but it may not be a long term solution... green water may be caused by too much direct sunlight... check e position of ur tank n test e water parameters...

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
UV Sterilizer and then chemicals...

but I hate chemicals.

So I'm not going to encourage you to use them. :)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
is it algea in the water ?

if so
cover the tank compleaty no light at all
feed in the dark etc
for 3 days

Terricloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
You can use a Vortex diatom filter to get rid of green water. Just hook it up and run it for an hour or so. Uses super-fine diatomaceous eartch to filter things out...also it helps with ick and other parasites.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
just let it run its cycle unless its in a window then it might not clear up. otherwise couple weeks it dies off and u get clean watter

Neo Baron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
1st get a phosphate remover it is usaually a resin in a pouch, than change the water about 40% will do it than put in a Poly Filter after the mechanical stage of filtration, than add an aglea remover and it should clean it up in about a day. My guess is that your phosphate is to high. also u can try adding alot of air into the water because that will make to much oxegen killing off the anerobic cells algea eats. i hope this helps. :)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
ok well whats the problem i got on my 75 yep it in the window and yep it green soup watter. no fish in the tank,. running a mag 350 with biowheels on it. My 150 had same problem it cleared it self up in like two weeks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store