Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi there
i just bought an siamese tiger, but its got a silverish body more so than a old
i was told its an american tiger variety

just wondering, the growth rate, its currently 2.5 inches
what do i need to do to really get thisx mother huge!

or at least 4 to 6 inches in 6 to 8 months.

currently its bein fed shrimps, it eats alot, for its siz anyways, i dont see its stomach swelling but definatley i know it eats cosi see it pick off the bits of shrimp i drop and swallow it.

but i wnt to know growth rate

D.Pulcher

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nv
Personally I have gathered that they are really slow growers. I am currently trying a diet of market shrimp and beef hearts

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
like all kinds of datnoids they grow quite slow, plus a lot will depend on water quality,food and probably other factors that get thrown in the mix that is fish keeping.

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
They grow painfully slow... You are lucky if you can get .5" in a month.

FishPower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
LosAngeles
Get it on sinking carnivore pellets and do a lot of water changes. This will make your dat grow to 5" in 6-8 months

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
if its silver than yes its an AT, dats tend to grow very slow but you could try powerfeeding.

josefandtin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2008
philippines
even though tigers possess a huge appetite, they are surprisingly slow growers. just maintain clean water by doing once or twice a week partial 30% water changes and you'll see the big difference. also, it helps if you feed it frequently at small amounts per feeding.

1Gr8fizh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2007
kelp beds of La Jolla
I bought mine at 4" and grew about 3" in a lil over a year. so i would say dats slow, but 4 dat type of fizh i say dats average.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
My silver is about 6" now I got him at 3" almost a year ago now so ya they are pretty slow grows probly like 1/8-1/4" a month I cant even tell my smallest IT's are growing lol...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store