His tankmate, a D. campbelli ...

NGT 1.jpg

NGT 2.jpg

DyaniBGud

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2005
Philippines
Is this an ST or an IT? I keep getting different opinions regarding my tiger. Let me post another photo ... :)

Siamese 2.JPG

Siamese 1.JPG

DyaniBGud

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2005
Philippines
redtailfool said:
Pulcher and Campbelli getting along fine by themselves?
Love the crazy pattern on that pulcher.
The ST (or IT) is arnd 7 inches and kinda protects the little 4inch NGT from the aggression of the jardini. But the bigger tiger do sometimes chase the smaller one around ...

The NGT is currently in a 15G quarantine tank. It's kinda got white spots and I noticed that it seems to be brushing its sides against the pot.... Could it be ich?

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
Nice pics of your pet Tigers, they look great!! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
How big do those guys get..? what are there full name both english and latin...? and are they legal in Ontario....? Thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
Siamese Tiger fish are legal in Ontario! They are rarely sold in large chain fishstores, but very common in the small Oriental fish stores. I'm in Toronto, and have purchased them for about $20 for a small 3"er. There are two types to watch out for; Datnioides Microlepis and D. Quadrifasciatus. The pictures above I believe are Microlepis. Quadrifasciatus requires brackish water to thrive! :clap
I have found these fish to be extremely smart. I had some "characters" though, one use to play with his food. He would stalk the goldfish, suck it up and spit it out!!! Oh, I forgot they grow fast 12" in about a year 1/2.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store