flowerhorn & oscar

LOCO_LOCO

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
SAN DIEGO
can i put oscar and flowerhorns in the same tank?
right now i have 4 flowerhorns, jack demsey, jewel , convict they all in same tank they all good, no problems at all,, i am going to get free 3 oscars, i just wondering they will be ok or no?
thank you

Roflcopter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
USA
how big is your tank??those three could be the end to that peace.Also what type of oscars??Tiger,common

dannyrobot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
San Diego, Ca
hs.facebook.com
That would be way too many fish in my opinion. I think even as you stand you're overstocking.
Your 90 could be considered by many the bare minimum for two adult Oscar and even then you might have problems. Unless your getting another tank(s) or a much, much larger one I would say pass on the Oscar unless your looking for trouble. Keep in mind that Oscar can reach a length of 15 inches full grown. I am not sure about Flowerhorn but they get up there to, atleast 10 inches from what I have seen. I don't mean to rain on your parade but If I can save someone the trouble I have been through, I will try. Maybe someone with more experience than I will com along and give you more info.

-DR

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skiptomyzoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
Sizes of fish? It won't work for the long run, and you will need good filteration, aside from the fact that any fish can potentially turn into a killer, esp. with a list like that, but I have had a JD, Jewel, 2 convicts, FH, an Oscar and other fish all in a 90, and even though the oscar and FH were much larger, it worked fine for quite a few months, but I monitored it constantly, and had extra tanks available if need be. I had a few territory disputes, but no one ever fought or got torn fin or anything. That is way too many fish in there for when they get adult size, but if your using it as a growout tank and transfering them when they get bigger, it may work for a while.

bengalsfan47025

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2007
Indiana
i have in my 55 2 oscars 3 cons a jack 2 plecos and a bichir i water change 20 percent a day but the tank is awesome i like overstocked lol

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
Oscars are week fighters in comparison to the fish you listed. Jewels, convicts, and flowerhorns are all pretty aggressive and if hte oscars are small they will probably just lay on the ground and die. Unless they are really sure of themselves its hard to add them to a tank with aggressive fish otherwise they just play dead.

If you got rid of the flowerhorns it might be ok for a while, but its entirely too small of a tank for all of them.

AMG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2007
NY
The Oscars would most likely do fine with the JD and Convict. The others would be my concern.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store