HAWAII - IMPORTANT!

meepster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
Aloha all, The Hawaii Legislature is considering to pass a bill that will limit aquarium fish collection in Hawaii to 20 fish per collector per person with a maximum of 5 yellow tangs per day. The bill also will put a no take cap on angels, butterflies, boxfish, puffers,eels and many other species. The passage of this bill will essentially shut down the tropical fish industry in Hawaii which will include the transhipped items from Christmas Island and Marshall Islands. Please forward this to everyone in the industry because if we don't stop this bill, next year, yellow tangs may wholesale at $100 each.

Let's try this :

Regarding Senate Bill 3225 SB3225

Everyone including all businesses, employees, divers, parents, kids, brothers and sisters, friends, and everyone involved in this industry -

JAN. 28-29th FROM EARLY IN THE MORNING TO LATE AFTERNOON, CALL SEN. CLAYTON HEE'S OFFICE AT 808-586-7330 AND WHEN ASKED BY HIS OFFICE STAFF - LEAVE YOUR FULL NAME - ( FIRST AND LAST NAME ), AND PHONE NUMBER, AND VOICE YOUR OPPOSITION TO SB3225. IF WE CAN GET 500+ PHONE CALLS INTO HIS OFFICE, WE CAN SHOW THERE IS VERY STRONG OPPOSITION TO THIS BILL . IT'S POSSIBLE THAT HE MIGHT SHELVE THIS BILL. WE NEED TO TIE UP HIS PHONE WITH OUR CALLS. THEN TOMORROW NIGHT, FAX SENATOR HEE YOUR OPPOSITION TO THIS BILL ALSO. ( FAX NUMBER 808-586-7334 ) THIS WAY, WHEN HIS STAFF COMES IN ON TUESDAY MORNING, THERE WILL BE FAXES ALL OVER HIS OFFICE FLOOR.

WE NEED TO OVERWHELM HIM WITH CALLS AND FAXES VOICING OPPOSITION TO THIS BILL.
...............................................................................................

It is most important for Hawaiians to fax or call,
but anyone who faxes or calls might help!

Remember: BE NICE !
You catch more flies with honey !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know that conservation is #1, but this is just insane.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Doesn't Hawaii have Marine Protected Areas where no collecting or fishing is allowed?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
The original bill didn't pass, but was ammended. Haven't heard the outcome yet.

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
It is still trying to get passed in fact I think it was passed and will be in effect soon. I completely support this bill. Who cares about the cost of a fish if you are going to wipe out the whole wild population. I would say instead of trying to not pass this bill buy your tangs now while they are cheap. Then sell them later lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store