Fish the LFS can't get rid of

groovitudedude

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
San Diego
We all know it. There's that one fish at the LFS that they cannot sell for the life of them, and it just won't die. So, each time you go back, they still have it. Anybody else feel this way, or is it just me? I'll start:

A. Modestus that's been there for like 8 months
RTGG Apparently nobody w/ a MFtank since I went to the store a long time ago...
and a Chinese Algae Eater that's not for sale b/c it's impossible to catch it in the 240 Gallon

Anybody else? ;)

Venom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Toronto
I have it different than you. The first time my LFS opened there were 10 arowanas. 1 week later there is 4.

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
Climbing perch... I duno its been at the lfs at the same price and everything. the thing look slike its just old and outta shape i told the lfs to put roseys in there the thing was too slow to even catch any of them...lmao... Its still there in its own tank.... been there for a few months now...

Merbeast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.thinking-man.net
There is a lfs near me that has a gulper cat. They've had it for a couple of months now. They just have "Gulper cat - rare!" on the tank, and if you ask how much it is, you'll get a price between $350 and $550. I think they will have a hard time selling it since you kinda have to be a fish retard (like me) to want that ugly fish, and most people would rather buy the $15 RTC.

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
my LFS has a "cobra stingray" thats been there for months, and wont sell.

maybe its cuz it looks like a retic without that long black tail, or that they want $399 for it

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
ill take a pic next time i go prob tomorrow
lol its so ugly

bichirsruletheworld

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Mass
Actually 350 for a Gulper Cat is pretty standard. There was one at the only good lfs near me that was for 300 and that was the best deal I've seen on one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store