aussie natives

thebase#1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
brisbane
hi i'm chris i am in queensland, Australia and have been disapointed as to the amount of native fish here so i have started this thread for anyone to show off some of their best australian native fish

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
You will find that a member on here called ameleh0 (Spelling is a bit wrong) has a nice sized tank with plenty of Aus natives. Among them are Barramundi, Sooty Grunter etc.

You wont find too many people on here will a tank dedicated to Australian natives, and nor can you find many pet shops stocking them. Most are way over-priced.

thebase#1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
brisbane
in my native collection i have an archer fish,a salmon tail cat, an eel tail cat, and a yellow bar tail grunter

(i'm trying to get my pics onto the thread but my camera won't play along)

SNRMADE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
?
Gday,my only native at the moment is a 15'' murray cod.i had 2 murrays but one had to go.i had a 20'' jardini which i had for 5 years but he recently died.

Cammo X

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Australia
www.facebook.com
Chris??? i might know you, i have various natives my self, 2 big barra, bullrout,salmon cats,saratoga jardini. and have had in the past archer fish, silver perch, eels,and a sleepy cod.next fish im getting is a sooty, cantw wait.!

mystix i work at an aquarium in brisbane and we have a wide selection of natives, they are practically my pride and joy. anything from rainbows,bass,golden perch,togas,silver perch,scats,mono's,barra, golden eel tail,eeltail cats,eels (in the breeding season),murry cod,sleepy cod,salmontails,sooty grunters,and some other i probably forgot bout, and our prices are alright to.

Cammo X

bassattack

Feeder Fish
Nov 25, 2007
Australia
Ive only got 2 fish at the moment an 10cm Australian Bass and about a 8cm Barramundi feeding them both on mosquito fish which i get out of dams on golf courses beats buying fish for them

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
ive got a 5' with(take a deep breath):
2x Barramundi
1x Khaki Grunter
1x Coal grunter
1x tandanus cat
1x murray cod
1x spangled perch
2x silver perch
1x Australian bass
1x sleepycod

i also have a 3'
with
1x leichardtii
3x aussie bass
1x golden perch
2x salmon tail cats

and i have a bream in another tank.

i am in the midst of seting up a 8x3x2

*KrAmEr*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2007
Perth, Australia
bassattack;1479972; said:
Ive only got 2 fish at the moment an 10cm Australian Bass and about a 8cm Barramundi feeding them both on mosquito fish which i get out of dams on golf courses beats buying fish for them
Id be careful with those fish they have a high risk of carrying diseases and parasites...

I have one Saratoga Jardini and 2 Archers im thinking about getting a salmontail to go with my Jardini...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store