my driftwood

schwarzi88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
Germany
aquarium (2).JPG

i don't know how many ppl live by the mountain but when i started to get my tank ready thats where i went!
I followed the road up the mountain thru the canyon to a lil picnic area , parked the car and strolled along the river till i got to some spots where the banks were eroded and the roots of dead trees were showing.
I examined then closely to find the ones with the most character and started cutting away. They are quite light and fragile so be careful. when i got home i spent $3.00 at the carwash and used their pressure washer and since i didn't have a screwdriver, i happened to find a key that was just laying there to remove all the dead bark. I repeated that process about 3 times then i stacked them on my roof and drove home lol!
there i submersed them in my tank using the brace glass in the middle to hold everything under water ...... it got a lil droopy but the filter took care of that!
now , knowing better i should have followed the instructions on how to make ur own Driftwood in the DIY section but i thought i might share my exotic looking driftwood adventure for everyone to enjoy.

thanks Marcus

granthasfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2007
SLC
Hey! I live in SLC to!

I actually did the same thing. I went up Little-cotton wood and found a piece that was stuck into a log. It is a really nice looking piece of wood, and it didn't leach hardly at all. What kind of fish are you into?

schwarzi88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
Germany
W ( o )( o ) T SLC for the win .... well right now i have a comunity , Killi , gourami, sharks, tiger barbs, tetra and a peacock eel ..... my next upgrade is stingrays and MAYBE an aro or 2 uhhh ohhhh and loaches to go with my rays!
Btw i'm making a TFDfish.com order here soon in the next week or 2 wanna go in on it ?
send me a tell for details!

RBE17

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Coopersburg, Pa 18036
I like it. I had hoped to go driftwood hunting this weekend, but I ended up having my 22 month old daughter w/ me. It was way to cold for her to go w/ me.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I live in a rural area and collect driftwood locally too.Always keep an eye out for good ones when Im fishing

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
schwarzi88;1494594; said:
View attachment 171578

i don't know how many ppl live by the mountain but when i started to get my tank ready thats where i went!
I followed the road up the mountain thru the canyon to a lil picnic area , parked the car and strolled along the river till i got to some spots where the banks were eroded and the roots of dead trees were showing.
I examined then closely to find the ones with the most character and started cutting away. They are quite light and fragile so be careful. when i got home i spent $3.00 at the carwash and used their pressure washer and since i didn't have a screwdriver, i happened to find a key that was just laying there to remove all the dead bark. I repeated that process about 3 times then i stacked them on my roof and drove home lol!
there i submersed them in my tank using the brace glass in the middle to hold everything under water ...... it got a lil droopy but the filter took care of that!
now , knowing better i should have followed the instructions on how to make ur own Driftwood in the DIY section but i thought i might share my exotic looking driftwood adventure for everyone to enjoy.

thanks Marcus
We have hills not mountains over here and I've never seen any good wood when I've been fishing :(

Nice root

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store