What would make you quit the hobby

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Or what made you quit before and how did you come back again?

Right now, I will quit if our tap water has become so bad that i would have to use
R.O . I would also quit if the water pressure becomes so low that i couldnt
use a python. Id give it all up if i cant have decent water pressure and water
quality.

I couldnt stand doing bucket water changes and i will never do it again.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I never used a python for a great length of time; its only slightly more convenient than using a regular hose.

I'd quit if I joined the Army.. which is gonna happen in 2 yrs! I won't be keeping fish for a looong while thereafter... I'm talking many years (up to 22 perhaps).

But then, if I hack it for 22 years, I'll be a made man who will be purchasing 20-foot-long aquariums to complement his new home in the return to civilian life.

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Only way I will quit the hobby is if I am thrown in prison or something. I have tryed to quit the hobby many times but have never succeeded.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
piranha45 said:
I never used a python for a great length of time; its only slightly more convenient than using a regular hose.

I'd quit if I joined the Army.. which is gonna happen in 2 yrs! I won't be keeping fish for a looong while thereafter... I'm talking many years.
Yeah , i understand. if i get a job travelling, i would probably give it all up and settle for a betta in a bowl. Ahh ... Cant even stand the thought *Shudders*

As for a python, its convenient for sucking off dirt from a 180G tank. then i use my pump with a hose straight to the bathtub. Honestly, i wouldve never came back to keeping fish without the python.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
another death tank like i had last year

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Caveman said:
Only way I will quit the hobby is if I am thrown in prison or something. I have tryed to quit the hobby many times but have never succeeded.
LOL.. i have quit several times but always came back in stronger than before.

Wicked - No you wont.. youre just saying that. You will probably take a time out
but wont quit because of losing fish.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
came close last time
just be to hart broken . i lost like 10 or 15 fish only thing survived was my bichirs and channa everything got unpluged while i was away in florida last summer by my freaking raccoon i had

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
If something like the tank came through the ceiling, the tank smashed and all my fish ran out of water I would probably quite for a month to get over it and then start again. Also what is a python? I have never heard of them before, maby there not made in the UK?

Kieranuk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
England, UK
Just had a look and the python water changer looks great! If I get my new tank I would have had to carry 70 buckets of water. I really like the gravel cleaner how there isnt some big push button start on it what gets in your way. If I get one how do I dechlorineate the water and get it to the right temp? My tap water is freezing though so I don't know how I can get the water back in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store