frogfish in a reef tank?

Derf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2007
Illinois, near chicago
As of 20 minutes ago, I've become obsessed with frogfish. It's not the first time either. I've been looking at information about various types on and off for a while now. But now I NEED ONE. The only problem is that I have a reef tank, with some things that might be eaten. So, here's a list of fish and a couple inverts that I have that could be a concern, and I just want to know if there's a frogfish that wouldn't eat any of these things. The tank is 45 gallons, by the way.

Fish:

Fusi Goby- Around 3" and fast though. Moves away from other fish. He's the main concern. I like him the most of the ones I'll name.

Lawnmower Blenny- 4" and fast. Not too much of a concern.

Maroon clownfish- 2" and growing fast, slight concern, but doesnt go near rock as much.

Cleaner Shrimp- 3-4" inches and got him at 2" and has never been attacked by my lionfish or eel.

That's all that is a concern.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
They are ambush predators & will eat anything they can fit into their very LARGE mouth.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Yes, a frogfish will most of the fish and shrimp you listed. Do you have an eel and lionfish in the same tank? You might want to set up a tank just for a frogfish.

batlily

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
california
i recently purchased a frogfish, and have decided i want more. in my searches to find online sources i have come across statements that they are for "experts" only, but not *why* they are difficult to keep...answers?

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Can be difficult to get to eat dead foods. Will eat any tank mate they can fit into their very large mouths.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store