Hello, New member here from charleston WV, several tanks

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
Hey, just wanted to introduce myself, my name is matthew, i have had fish off and on for 15 or so years, i had not had fish for about 10 years straight, then christmas came around and i bought my brother (possibly a member here already) a 110 gallon salt water tank, and he gave me his 125 gallon fresh water tank, that was kinda a mistake because it spurred on a fish keeping hobby.

so here i am now 2 months (almost) later and now i have:

125 gallon tank (6 feet x 18 inches x 22 inches)
with south/central american cichlids consisting of:
3 meeki firemouth
2 black convicts (breeding already)
2 salvani's
2 high fin plecostomus
3 pictus catfish
a 65 gallon aquarium (36x18x24)
its housing some orfaned african cichlids, a friend of my brothers bought a 150 gallon tank and didnt want them, i got the 65 gallon tank for $20, it was leaking badly so i did some research and tackled the reseal job myself, the tank has been up and running for over 24 hours with it being completely full and no leaks yet, and i hope there wont be any, i have no idea what kinda fish most of them are, but i know there's one electric yellow cichlid thats full grown, and 6-7 other cichlids that are 6-8" in the tank, they need a larger tank but i cannot provide them with one, my goal was to use this tank for native fish but i couldnt let these beautiful full grown africans just goto a petstore and possibly go to people who wont be able to care for them, i put about 20 gallons of the water from their 150 gallon tank in the 65 gallon tank and a filter that was established so it would already be cycled (or close to cycled) and it has about 20lbs of gravel/rock from their 150 gallon home tank.

ive got a 29 gallon tank with some guppies in it and some black convict fry (1/4 inch long) along with 2 oto's and 3 cory cats, approx 40-50 convict fry 3 weeks old.

ive also got another 29 gallon tank thats empty (has water and its cycling

a 20 gallon tank thats empty but has water and its cycling

and im supposed to be recieving a 32 gallon hex tank from a coworker with stand for free.

ive pretty much jumped in head first, ive really enjoyed watching these fish, but it gets pretty expensive, id guess ive spent over $600 bucks so far and ive got away pretty cheap since all the tanks were free except the 65 gallon one (20 bucks) and i paid $300 for the 110 gallon salt water tank that i gave my brother which he intern gave me the 125 tank.

ive probably spent another $75 in fish,and atleast $150 for filters/heaters.

if i can ill post some pictures of all of this tomorrow.

hope someone got a nice read out of that, and if anyone in the charleston WV area has some orfan fish that need a home i still have a 20 gallon and a 29 gallon tank that has nothing in it.

matthew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store