Marbled Ray Grading Needed!!!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Is it me or is their simply a HUGE difference in various Marble Rays?

Its almost like you must see the parents in order to know what you are getting?

Ive already heard various terms for Marbles, from Galaxy to AAA. Wouldnt it be nice to have a marbled ray grading system?

Thoughts? Comments? Agree? Disagree?
:popcorn:

I realize that age and size matters in their patterns but heres some pictures that have been posted up here on MFK. Look at the vast differences!

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
i think a grading system is a grate idea i have seen marbles that i would have over a pearl and i hav seen ones that look the same as a commom

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Yes i think the best way is to just look at the parents but even that can go wrong some times

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
don't you think that would just wildly inflate prices?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
its a good idea.... but if a legitimate grading system was put in effect I think it would give a reason to jack up the price....

mekoner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
vancouver bc
boo to inflating prices, u get what u get if u are worried then do some research.

Big Daves Rays

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2006
Seattle WA
I say the leave the system as it is. Nicer patterns will demand a higher price. You would probably have disputes between buyer and seller "I bought a grade A marble not a grade B" then the seller would say "that is our grade A ray." Post a pic of the ray for sale and if someone wants it then good.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I dont think the prices would go higher, if anything it would properly identify what ray you would be receiving. Especially since many marbles dont marble up until they are older. One cant always see the parents of a pup.

This kinda reminds me of the whole F0 F1 F2 thing. That did not jack prices up but gave fish keepers more info!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store