Advice on Aqua Nova and Aqua Pro Cannisters

peettee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
Australia
Any one got any info (good or bad) and or has used the following?

Aqua Nova NCF-200 Cannister Filter

Aqua Pro CFD-2600 Cannister

There relativley cheap, but want to know how well they do there job and hold up.

Thanks in advance for any help..:)

cr8on

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
I've been running an Aqua Nova NCF1500 for about 6 months and have nothing bad to say about it, they are great filters for the money. Decent build quality, self priming so easy to start up, easy to clean. I would definitely recommend an Aqua Nova Canister

tfrisch

Feeder Fish
Apr 5, 2010
darwin
Do any of u have any advice as to why my ncf-1500 would be spewing water out of the hole that the electrical cord comes out of and what i can do about it

krisisdog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
NSW, Australia
You need to replace and add a second O ring to the quick release taps, the part that inserts into the head of the canister.
Mine is about 3 years old, leaked within 6 months or so, replaced them and its been going fine for the other 2.5 years. Pretty solid filter other than that.

mr67prem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2010
sydney
tfrisch;4043811; said:
Do any of u have any advice as to why my ncf-1500 would be spewing water out of the hole that the electrical cord comes out of and what i can do about it
i had the same problem it ran like a dream for about 6 months then started leaking i replaced every seal one by one i ended up being the tap seals when i had a look at it they also had a second groove that didn,t have any thing in it so i got an extra set and replaced the old ones and put new ones in both grooves now it,s been running for just over 3 years with no leaks no problems all in all there an awsome filter for the price it,s on my 5x2x2 at the moment with no other filter and it,s doing a good job it,s only on there untill i can afford to plumb in my sump then it,s coming out for a clean and on to a standard 5ft along with a 1200lph aqua nova so just replace then tap o ring and add another set you should be fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store