Check to see how many nonindigenous species have been found in your state

LextacySC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
I found this rather interesting. This site has listings of reported nonindigenous species that have been found in US waters and land. Oscars in Nebraska, Arowana in Colorado, even a 14' Anaconda snake in Arkansas. Check it out. http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/StateSearch.asp

There are too many irresponsible people that polute our waters and land with their "unwanted" pets. Some of these might not be able to survive cold winters, but that doesn't make it right. Sorry for the rant, but it is sickening that people have done this. It's ruinnig our hobby and making us look bad IMO. Atleast I know people here are better than that.

Just thought I would share this with you guys. They also include references and some have pictures. Click on the specimen ID.

LextacySC

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
oceanobsession289;1513702; said:
Caiman crocodile captured in the Mississippi river in Minnesota!!!:eek:
Imagine how many of these exotic fish, reptiles and others go unreported.

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
dang, they've caught everything from platys to snakeheads in cali.....

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Very interesting link....

cheyennefb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2008
Washington
yeah well leave it to washington to have 5 pages of them... my lord.... rb pacu.... but it says rainbow trout are... LOL.... i catch them all the time..... and fry there little brains out and eat them.... yummy.... LOL.... wow here is a list of some of the more unusual in my state

red pirahanna
unidentified pacu
unidentified pirahanna
amur goby
atlantic salmon
giant gourami

and so many more!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store