Hiding dat

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
My dat hides almost all the time. He only comes out to strike his food allowing me to see a split second glimps of him. Other than that he hides behind a plant or in the hollowed out skull i have in the tank.I even have very dim lights on the tank.Y dose he hide all the time?? Will he grow out of this??

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
mine was like that for a long time, i would catch him out in the open late at night but other than that he enjoyed the cover and concealment. i guess some dats are just shy, as long as he's eating i think he is fine.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
THe bigger they get, the bolder they get. It takes time for dats to feel at ease.

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
my dats use to do that until i put in a dither fish (sp?) (silver arrowana). after that all 6 are out swimming showing great colors. however, i sold off my silver since it was getting too big and now all 5 are hiding again. now i am in search for anther arrowana to make my babies show their colors.

I dont know if it will help but it was recommended by someone so i tried and it work. dont know in all situations but worth a try.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
mine come out when i come home, then hide when the realize it's not feeding time. I agree with one of the posts above, as they get older, they get bolder.

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
grrrrr these fish are sooo boring!!!! mine doesnt even hide it just stays at the top left of the tank like a RETARD!!!! i want it to MOVE!!!

BostonPatriot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2005
boston
Dats take a bit. I wouldn't take away his hiding spots where he is comfortable. Mine took well over a month to come out and swim full time. Just give him time, they are worth the wait.

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
Mine also hides most of the time, but not all the time. They are always blending in with my black background and it makes it hard to spot them.
At about how big or how many inches untill they be comfortable enough to lighten up and swim around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store