stingray barb necklace

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
Hey guys, I thought of this the other day and thought it would be pretty sweet, from my research the barb is not poisonous its the sheath around the barb, so after my stingray sheds a barb couldnt i make it into a necklace and it would be safe since the sheath isnt on it anymore?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i allready made 2............ im working on a gold mounting to hang a large stinger that i have now....

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
yeah wear it out you'll get tons of chicks LOL
or wear it playing football LOL

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
turkeyboy85;1518105; said:
Hey guys, I thought of this the other day and thought it would be pretty sweet, from my research the barb is not poisonous its the sheath around the barb, so after my stingray sheds a barb couldnt i make it into a necklace and it would be safe since the sheath isnt on it anymore?
Zoodiver says the protein can be persistent, send him a PM.

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
Great for show, please do not wear.
Given the particular length of the spine on your necklace (very cool) you could place your self in danger. Danger not from the venom, proteins etc......Danger from the actual trauma the serrations can/would inflict upon your neck.
The human neck is very, very,very vacscular as well as being quite supple. The average spine shed from even a juvenile ray could be 1 - 11/2 inches long.
The human neck in cross section is about 5 -7 inches.
The internal/external jugulars are merely 1/4 - 1/2 inch under your skin.

Do the math...........Awesome necklace........just be very careful if you actually wear it.

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
lol nice, yea that would be sweet, .... feel like giving them to me? ill pay for shipping :)

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
ewurm;1518846; said:
Zoodiver says the protein can be persistent, send him a PM.
i do a few quick dips in bleach solution never had a problem.... but i dont wear mine..... just for show...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store