Xbox 360 controller is a copy of Gamecube controller

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I feared changing from Nintendo to XBox 360 because of the change in controller, but I realized the switch was no problem. Here is why:

Microsoft copied the Gamecube controller, even improved on it:

Xbox controller.jpg

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Hardly...Microsoft has been using that button configuration since the original XBOX. Nintendo took some pointers from Microsoft...let's not get it twisted.

bloodydolts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2008
michigan
Uh, arent all game controllers set up like that? Add the ps2 controller in there, its even closer than the gamecube controller is.....

The only controller thats really different is the wii-mote...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Tainted Glory;1524215; said:
Hardly...Microsoft has been using that button configuration since the original XBOX. Nintendo took some pointers from Microsoft...let's not get it twisted.
No way, the original Xbox controller had some similarities to this, but this controller is a morph of the N64 controller. I have played XBOX and it was completely different and tough to transfer. Microsoft absolutely took the Nintendo design and made it better. Sort of like stealing Windows from Apple and making it better?!

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
Both got their main controller and console ideas from the sega dreamcast. That system was way before its time, memory cards with gameboys attached, online gaming (massive multiplayer AND first person shooter WHAAT?!?), and check out where the stupid nintendo wii controller was stolen from.

Even in the dreamcast prototype they had the same gun attachment to the remote for house of the dead.

Dreamcast was also the first controller with triggers (thank gaming gods for that, pressing a button to shoot and gas it is boring, triggers are much more like pedals, and well gun triggers).

dreamcast controllers.jpg

dreamcast remote.jpg

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
All controllers are shaped like that because of the human hand. Didn't the original Play Station controllers use that shae first?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store