Ich Back Again

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
ok ich has come back and i need a way to get it out of my aquarium for good. im doing a freshwater dip on the fish tomorrow but i need to get ich out from the actual aquarium. please help.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Keeping the tank fallow (no fish) for 8 weeks is best, while you hypo all your fish in a seperate tank. No way around this... Doing it myself. To prevent having to do this again, QT all new fish, for at least a month.
Treating SW "Ich"

Predator 1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2008
East London. England.
I agree with pufferpunk. We have tried many, many, methods over the years to try and fight the Marine demon. Eventually it became apparent to us all that the only sure-fire way of beating it was to remove the livestock, and leave the effected system "Fallow" for several months at least (longer, if your patients allow you to).
As for the removed livestock, I suggest that you treat them in a quarantine tank with a good Marine itch medication, with all carbon removed from the filters, and skimmer OFF! Furthermore, I have found that medications are more effective if left in contact with livestock longer, ie, if the instructions say 7 days exposure, leave it for 21 days.

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
ok thanks guys. im goin with a freshwater bath and then just puting them in a QT tank after. wow...this blows

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
a hyposalinity treatment would less stressful than a FW bath, just put them into QT filled mostly with water from the display and do your frequent WC with water of a much lower salinity until you gradually lower the salinity of the QT to apporiate levels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store