found my 8" gar dead

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
:eek: :( I woke up this morning to find my 8" spotted gar dead. This is the crazy part. the hole hood is covered but one part and thats a 1" gap. so i guess thats were he had to jump out of then, lucky shot i guess. i have never even seen him jump. but he floped all the way into hallway and was still kicken when i woke up but he was all dried out. dam that sucks so if you got one keep every little hole closed even if you think "theres no way he can jump throght that" bc he can :( :( :( :swear: :swear: :(

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
didn't at some point in the day have the lid of and put it back on and not notice it had jumped happened to a friend of mine with a snakehead took the lid of did what he had to do next day snake head on living room floor CRISPY!!!! lid all back on completely sealed

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
that stinks, even if he was dry, if he was still alive you shoulda thrown him back in the water, that happened to my bf's brothers oscar it was dry but still breathing, poped her back in the tank and she breathed hard for awhile but she made it and shes still alive now. Anyways sorry for your loss =(

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
no bc i only take the lid of when i clean it and that was a week ago. i drop the food were the filters are. so that small hole has to be it. and its so crazy he did, it was ment to be bc the odds of him doing it were crazy. i guess i got to get a new one and i tried to bring jim back to life by getting him in the water. and he was done

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
:( well that does stink its never fun losing a pet.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Yah it just depends on how attached you are. Like I was really attatched to my blue channel I dont want to get another one to replace it cuse I dont want to replace him =( I <3 that guy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store