wrasse compatability?

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
I some help with adding another wrasse to my tank. I ordered a paddlefin wrasse for my tank at my lfs, but i got an orange saddleback wrasse instead. She is a really pretty fish so I took her anyway. Now I want to order a paddlefin wrasse. These 2 fish are very similar, both have same fin movement, but the paddlefin wrasse that I want has better color. Can anyone tell me if they will be compatible and if they will mate? I have a 217 gal tank. Here are pictures of both fish.... The one to the left is the orange saddleback wrasse and the one to the right is the paddlefin wrasse

orange saddleback wrasse.jpg

paddlefin.jpg

chicken_boy_Kurt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2008
PA, USA
I don't know about their compatability but those sre some sweeeeeet fish.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
chicken_boy_Kurt;1536265; said:
I don't know about their compatability but those sre some sweeeeeet fish.
yes they are, thank you :grinno:

Fish Finder

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
Just so u know both of those wrasses are very active and can be a pest to other fish in your aquarium. The saddleback wrasse is from Hawaii and the paddlefin wrasse i be leave is indo. They will prob fight due to they look so much the same to each other. And there is no way they will mate. The orange saddleback is only found in HWI and no where else in the world. And where they live don't over lap where the paddlefin is from. Can you post a pic of the saddleback you got. I would love to see. I know the paddlefin pic is from a website. Here's a pic i took of a paddlefin showing better coloration. Also be warned that you can't have clam's with these wrasses.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Cappuccino;1536995; said:
yes they are, thank you :grinno:
When I said "yes they are" I meant that yes they are Sweet, not that they are compatible.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
Fish Finder;1537061; said:
Just so u know both of those wrasses are very active and can be a pest to other fish in your aquarium. The saddleback wrasse is from Hawaii and the paddlefin wrasse i be leave is indo. They will prob fight due to they look so much the same to each other. And there is no way they will mate. The orange saddleback is only found in HWI and no where else in the world. And where they live don't over lap where the paddlefin is from. Can you post a pic of the saddleback you got. I would love to see. I know the paddlefin pic is from a website. Here's a pic i took of a paddlefin showing better coloration. Also be warned that you can't have clam's with these wrasses.

here are some pics of my orange saddleback wrasse

P1010012.JPG

P1010023.JPG

P1010010.JPG

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
I've had problems in the past mixing wrasses in general, and I'm sure similar ones even more so.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
I keep my at about 81° Fahrenheit, it seems to do pretty well like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store