'nuther noob to marine tanks - skimmers

boledle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Bay Point, CA
Skimmers... there's no doubt been a million threads on the subject of what's best so sorry, but, Q: are there any hang on the back plug 'n play skimmers that really work? There's a few out there like the AquaC Nano Remora and the Rio Nano.

One product that really looks nice is that ECO-Aqualizer that you just attach to your pumps output - anyone try this yet?
http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/Skimmer-Best-Option.htm

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
xact same ? i hve...... how many gal im talkin bout 55-60-75

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
i have the Rio skimmer, the hang on back kind. It works, but I think it could have a more powerful pump. It says it rated for 20 gallons, but I have it on my 10 gallon and it seems like it works for the 10.

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
for nano tanks w/ a decent sized sump i'd got with an aquatraders brand PS75, they're cheap and work fairly well. for larger nanos AquaC remora pros w/ mag3 pump have an excellent rep. although break-in is supposed to be a PITA. don't bother with the eco-aqualizer, basically it's just a PVC tube with two magnets in it, it doesn't do squat for any tank.

boledle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Bay Point, CA
that's great info thanks. That ECO thing-a-ma-gig sounded too good to be true. so i'm looking at a 35g and it sounds like there isn't a hang on the back that would do the trick.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store