Diagram P1 of 2
Diagram P2 of 2
Here are updated Diagrams 09-02-08
Diagram P1 of 2
Diagram P2 of 2
Pictures

Brick Stand with 6x2x2

23-01-08
I had the plywood 3050x1220x18mm delivered to work today and they look good :). I have Cliff cutting the base sheet for me on Friday and then he'll drop it off at my place afterwards. So thats pretty cool.
I will take some pics on Saturday and post them here.
I am also going to buy the exterior paint to paint the timber and the back of the plywood (outside surfaces only NOT INTERIOR), will have a look at screws and bolts etc as well.
I am keeping a spreadsheet with all the costings etc and will make that available when I'm finished I have asked my Daughter Michaela to take photo's of this project, and my son's will help me with some of the work as well. My best mate Jason will be help me do the main parts, well it will probably be a case of he'll be doing most of the work lol
I have measured my brick stand and it is 2975mm x 1180mm, Well I guess thats close enough to the 3000x1200mm I asked for when they built my house, being brick it would have been to difficult to adjusted the measurements by 20 to 50mm with out reducing the strength of the construction, if you know what I mean!
Well thats it for now, I have to work out how many sticks of timber I need, I found out today the sizes I want are in 6mtr lengths, so my workings for 2.4 and 3.2mtr will have to be redone, once again I will provide this info in the spreadsheet later.

01-02-08
I've ordered my timber, it's going to take a week to get it.
I went and got some paint, screws, batten screws, drill bits, expanding foam( Background) and paint brushes. I'll do a more detailed list soon.
09-02-08
Still waiting on Timber and pond armor. I ordered pond armor on the 21st January, I got charged a few days later so, I expect it to arrive some time this week before Saturday 16th
Marked out the base plywood, so once timber arrives and it's docked to length it can be fitted, wanting to have this done by Saturday 16th
15-02-08
It all arrived today, It's like Christmas for me, Timbers here, and the pond armor arrived today as well. thanks heaps for your help Butch (Pond Armor)
This weekend, I shall get the base plywood reinforced and most of the timber cut to size. I will post pics next week
16-02-08
O.K. We started construction on the tank today, my son Daniel help me move the timber into our patio area, which was going to be the docking saw area, for this project. My mate Jason came over to help and supplied most of the tooling for the job.
Measure Twice!! Cut Once! is the moto for this project. lol
Also make sure you pre-drill all screw holes so you don't stress the timber and split it or cause unwanted splitting later when the tank is complete
The construction will take place in my fish room.(note: the walls are the result of termites, I pulled the wall lining off to destroy the termites. That will be the next project.). I grabbed three saw horses from bunnings and thats what we've laid the plywood on upside down.
We measured the plywood and ended up with 2977 x 1181mm ( it was 1180 on end and 1181 the other), so we cut 2 pieces of 70x45mm to a length of 1180mm and placed them on the plywood fixing them in place with clamps. making sure they were squared up, we then measured in between these to get a length for the 9 pieces of 90x45mm, which we cut to 2835mm.
Due to the way my brick stand had been made, I decided to lay the timber with 50mm gaps but having 2 together front and back. Diagram A . We glued and then pre-drilled the 70x45mm in 2 places about 35cm in from each end and then screwed in a couple a screws, we then flipped the plywood over the right way. Pre-drilling and then fixing in one screw about every 20cm starting 5cm in from each end.
Just a Note: It is best to glue timber under pressure, it gives a stronger bond this is why we applied pressure to the glue immediately with the screws until we had flipped the plywood and screwed the plywood down to the timber.
We took out the original screws that poked thru the bottom of the plywood once the permanent screws were in place.
The plywood was then flipped upside down and the process repeated with the 90x45mm except we used a couple extra screws for the initial fixing of the timber. We did all 9 pieces ( pre-drill, glue, screw) and flipped the plywood back up the right way. Again more screws down the length of the plywood where the 90x45mm pieces are.
So now the plywood base was ready for painting, so it got 2 coats of a white exterior house paint, even though this will just sit on the bricks and it shouldn't get wet but it will help protect the timber from dampness and any moisture. Plus it was only $55 dollars for 4 litres which I think isn't that much considering all the external timer and plywood in this project will get a coat. I'm sure when I do water changes I will end up with some water running down the back of the plywood/timber tank.
We have cut all the timber bar a few pieces for the top bracing but have enough let from my order to finish. I will cut them once I have the plywood sides and back cut at work. Hopefully I'll get this done on Tuesday and have them home that night.
I've posted some pictures here!

21-02-08
Today I got one plywood side attached and ran out of screws I have seven uprights of 90x45mm that I've secured to the plywood with PVA glue and Screws, using one screw about every 15cm.
I'll grab supplies and continue tomorrow afternoon on the tank. I've got some pictures but I'll take some more tomorrow and post them on Saturday.

23-02-08
O.K the main timber structure is complete. I have assembled the frame and plywood, I will coat the interior with pond armor next week end.
I will post some more detailed info later here's a link to pictures for now.

King Edward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thata a good size! What you putting in there?

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
King Edward;1558531; said:
Thata a good size! What you putting in there?
Thanks!

Looking at

Oscars
Gold Severums
Banded Leporinus
Silver Sharks
Pleco's
Pimelodus Ornatus
Clown Loaches
Ghost Knife

For a start. :)

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
proaquatics510;1558533; said:
i guess everyone has there own way

lookin good

Thanks :) , I know there are many ways this is just the way I decided and thought I'd share :)

noiesmo

Candiru
MFK Member
PredatorTank215;1559228; said:
Keep us updated

Will Do!

I am drilling holes for trickle system and coating the plywood with the pond armor this Saturday will post some more pics on Sunday. :)

Glass will be ordered on Monday and hopefully fitted next week end.

:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store