ctenopoma acutirostre and biotope?!

bluegryffin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
fort collins, colorado
I have two ctenopome acutirostre in with some other fish right now. I have always been interested in biotope tanks, and I'm pretty certain that these guys fall into that category. They're also called "leopard bush fish" and "spotted climbing perches." What other fish would go well into a 38 gallon (36"x12"x21") west african riverine biotope? And what plants? I know the other fish are random right now, but in the future? ;)

dzb912

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
illinois
bluegryffin;1570898; said:
I have two ctenopome acutirostre in with some other fish right now. I have always been interested in biotope tanks, and I'm pretty certain that these guys fall into that category. They're also called "leopard bush fish" and "spotted climbing perches." What other fish would go well into a 38 gallon (36"x12"x21") west african riverine biotope? And what plants? I know the other fish are random right now, but in the future? ;)
ya
im pretty sure they dont get big
but im not positive about the rest
i no they stay small
you could probobly keep one in a 20g
the biggest ive ever seen them was about 3 inches
theyre good with plants

tezr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
Austin TX
www.rivercityaquatics.com
Anomalochromis thomasi
Nanochromis parilius
Pelvicachromis pulcher (Kribs)
Steatocranus casuarius
Steatocranus tinanti

other ctenopomes maybe a butterfly fish

various apongs, java moss, java fern. I would stay away from any bright light plants and they love to hide in the plants and do not care for bright lights.

Bonzo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2007
CA
I suck with scientific names, so I'll go with common names. Buffalo head and butterfly fish. If you are going to upgrade the tank later on, I think elephant nose and african brown knife will make an interesting combo along with the ctenopome acutirostre you have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store