Lobster. from grocery store

Aqua Sanctuary

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Internet
www.myspace.com
I will soon have an empty 75 gallon tank. As a child I would go to supermarkets and see the lobsters in the tanks and feel so bad for them.

Would it be a good idea for me to set up my 75 gallon as a salt water tank and "SAVE A LOBSTER"?

Am I thinking logically here?...:screwy::confused:

I need input because I don't know jack about lobsters or salt water.

Has anyone kept supermarket lobsters?

I just want to take the rubber bands off of a lobster and let him live.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
My dad goes spearfishing once a while, and sometimes he'll bring a lobster or two, and keep it in the fridge. They stay alive in there for over a week. I think you would need a chiller, the water is cold where he caught them.

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
they selll live lobsters at the supermarket? hmmmmm

anyway awww you are so cute wanting to save the lobster! my heart just melted :D

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
You need VERY cold water to keep them for any length of time. Most stores that I know of that sell live fish won't let you take them home live.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Definately a chiller. They need temps in the 50's. One would be ok in a 75 gal tank, but keep up with water changes. Most stores around here sell them live. You have to ask to have them cooked, or do it yourself at home.

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
yeah, chillers are major $$$ compared to most aquarium equipment

lilfats2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Long Island
he did this just to melt princesses heart... neway i was talkin to my gf the other day bout i want a lobster to keep in my tank lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store