would this be possible ?

scarysdad

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2005
Scotland,UK
Toying with the idea of setting up a FOWLR tank(very tentatively toying in case the wife reads this lol:D), I have 7 FW tanks up and running biggest is a 255gal; while I still prefer FW....just think the fish have more 'personality' there are a couple of fish that are tempting me to the 'dark side'.....

Tank I have is a spare 6 foot 135 gal(72 x 18 x 24)
I have 3 fish in mind Emparor Angel(spelling)
Clown Trigger
Dog Faced Puffer.....

Would these three be possible in a 135 if so could I keep any other species with them(specifically any other Triggers/Angels); what about 'dithers' does this concept work in Marine tanks....I take it inverts would be out ?

Any help appreciated

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
Eventually the trigger and the angel would have issues. Emperors are known for HITH and Lateral line disease in a tank. They also need sponge in their diet. The clown might be allright when little, then one day it snaps and becomes really nasty.

scarysdad

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2005
Scotland,UK
Thanks Craig.....the Clown Trigger is the MUST HAVE so I would do without the Angel, what other Angels/Triggers could I keep with the Clown or would I be best to stick to 'dithers'.....species ? i take it the Puffer would be ok ?

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
the puffer will be ok until the clown trigger snaps then bye bye puffer.

clown triggers dont amke good tank mates in my opinion but thats just me and i love the looks of the clown trigger and want one but not at the expense of the tank mates

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
scarysdad;1583673; said:
Toying with the idea of setting up a FOWLR tank(very tentatively toying in case the wife reads this lol:D), I have 7 FW tanks up and running biggest is a 255gal; while I still prefer FW....just think the fish have more 'personality' there are a couple of fish that are tempting me to the 'dark side'.....

Tank I have is a spare 6 foot 135 gal(72 x 18 x 24)
I have 3 fish in mind Emparor Angel(spelling)
Clown Trigger
Dog Faced Puffer.....

Would these three be possible in a 135 if so could I keep any other species with them(specifically any other Triggers/Angels); what about 'dithers' does this concept work in Marine tanks....I take it inverts would be out ?

Any help appreciated
Definitely possible.

scarysdad

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2005
Scotland,UK
Thanks for the input so far guys; turns out wasn't the Emperor Angel I was thinking of it was the Koran Angel(checked with lfs); I was also thinking of adding a Snowflake Eel still possible ?

zerelli

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2007
USA
I have seen people keep clown triggers with other fish, but as mentioned they are SUPER aggressive. If you keep it fed in a big tank like that it might work out ok, but you are talking about some expensive fish to risk. If you can find a clown trigger that is cohabitating with other fish already that would be your best bet.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
scarysdad;1590667; said:
Thanks for the input so far guys; turns out wasn't the Emperor Angel I was thinking of it was the Koran Angel(checked with lfs); I was also thinking of adding a Snowflake Eel still possible ?

you got the two mixed up, then you are looking at two juvies...
they both kinda look like this when young...
http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/images/CP_Angel_emperor.jpg

but the emperor ends up like this
http://www.tags-design.com/Neptunes/Lg_Emperor_Angel.gif
and the korans look like this
http://i.pbase.com/v3/35/576935/4/46159872.DSC02087.jpg

big difference

the eel will mostlikely get picked on to death as well...
most clown are only kept by themselves in like a 75-100 gallon tank
some other things you could consider, a coupld of damsel or chromis (might escape if not thye are only $5)
bigger hogfish like the spanish hog
large dotties? maybe

bassmaster221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
long branch, nj
if you put hiding spaces the eel will be fine, but other than that the clown trigger will tear everything up, id go with a trigger that do better in community tanks like a bursa or a niger that way your options are open for tankmates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store