large angel

fish meat

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
next door
can i have more than one large anglefish in a 200 gallon. i seen this done before but heard that their pretty aggressive.

heres my list...
passer angle
blue face angle
majestice angle
imperail angle
queen angle

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
it's very possible
good aquascaping to allot territories will help a lot in have an angelfish community
it also helps if you have more than a few, this way the aggression is more distributed, rather than having two fish constantly fighting each other, you have a larger group with only occasional nipping or chasing.

smurph1415

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
SW chicago subs, Illinois
From what i have been told, there are some that are really not recomended to be with eachother (ie- koran and emperor, majestic and blue face, queen and blue) the ones that look similar when they are juvies. Im not sure if that is completly correct. I tried to put a majestic in with my koran and that didnt work so well, at all. It all just depends on the fish (my koran is very agressive and teritorial). I think it should be fine in a 200 though. Good luck. bump

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
the more angels you add the larger the volume of water will need to be. Don't get me wrong 200 is a good size tank, but when you considering aggressive fish that can attain a minimum length of 12" on average, you should probably consider a larger aquarium. This will give them ample roaming room and not make them feel so constricted. Angel fish form large territories which is where a lot of the problems come from when keeping multiple's in the home aquarium. Adding them all at the same time might help as well.

fish meat

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
next door
im going to have at less 100 to 150 lbs of live rock, with a 55 gallon W/D refuigum tank. thanks for the info....and love your tank craig

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store