gar farms ext...

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
hey guys, i just wanted 2 pick ur brains for info on farms breeding tropical n cuban gars, from what i already read i understand that the tropicals are bred in mexico any minimum order is 100's but exactly how many? What price? And do you think they would ship a lower quantity for price of min order? Xander id love 2 here more bout ur experiance with this too... Then again for cuban gars same questions... Are then cuban farms in cuba? And one final question, this one just for Poly: would ur freind in cambridge be interested in gettin on a order if placed? Thanks guys, i have search ap n here for answers but just wana clear this up in my head... Nathan

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
i almost forgot, i kinda puzzeled, who are the farms main market, i mean to what end do they bred gar, food research ext?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
ermgravy;1604382; said:
hey guys, i just wanted 2 pick ur brains for info on farms breeding tropical n cuban gars, from what i already read i understand that the tropicals are bred in mexico any minimum order is 100's but exactly how many? What price? And do you think they would ship a lower quantity for price of min order? Xander id love 2 here more bout ur experiance with this too... Then again for cuban gars same questions... Are then cuban farms in cuba? And one final question, this one just for Poly: would ur freind in cambridge be interested in gettin on a order if placed? Thanks guys, i have search ap n here for answers but just wana clear this up in my head... Nathan
i think solomon and richard have experience w the farm too, so do mike from H20 aquatics and george from shark aquarium...

thus far it's still pretty bumpy, i want to use the bank as a guarantor, just to cover my as$. but fish wise, min shipment is prob 50, or 1 box.

you might wanna email him straight to ask for slightly bigger gars(20-25cm), as less is needed to fill a box. quite a bit more expensive though, not worth it if you can get an order for 50 IMO

alternativly, http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128772&highlight=tropical+gar

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
:cry::cry::cry: u got me so hopefully with that link... buts its in America dude!

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
but still thanks for that mate.... do u have the contact details?

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
ermgravy;1604682; said:
:cry::cry::cry: u got me so hopefully with that link... buts its in America dude!
ssorry man! wanted to tell you, but had to rush off for a min. but i'm sure you could arrange shipping!

ermgravy;1604685; said:
but still thanks for that mate.... do u have the contact details?
contact details?

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
its kool, its always a lot of hassel and not worth the customs checks for one fish....

i mean to contact the farms? or did u go via a third party?

onlybigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Costa Rica
I own a tilapia farm and just put in 25 big tropical gars in a large pond.
I hope to be breeding then within the next 6 months,
I export tilapia fry so shipping gar should be possible to get the permits as well.

Greetings,

Richard:D

PufferXtreme

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2006
UK
Let me know if you need any help bringing them in matey, I have an account with one of the big shippers in the uk so should be able to sort out all the importation gubbins if you need...

onlybigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
Costa Rica
PufferXtreme;1614034;1614034 said:
Let me know if you need any help bringing them in matey, I have an account with one of the big shippers in the uk so should be able to sort out all the importation gubbins if you need...
as soon as i have some i will

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store