MFK FORUMS R GREAT!! but the saltwater forums.......

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
:yuck::yuck: Ok just to start off this is constructive criticism.
Li, Oddball, Zoodiver, other mods. Don't get mad but i think you should consider taking this advive. I think this is mainly for Li cuz this is a major reconstuction of MFK.

I came to this site for SW but seeing all the FW forums i ventured into and now im really into FW fish. I believe that if we create an entire SW section, MFK would have a more succsessful SW forum. We have one Marine/Brackish forum. I believe if we create a second Advance Aquaria Section for SW it will increase the SW population of this site. I mean if you look at just the Cichlid forum. it has 20 times as many threads as all SW.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
oops pressed enter too early

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
agian lol
ok ummmm where was i .... Yes, I think we should create SW as a section with General SW and then make each of the subfforums their own forums. I think as the Popularity increases, We will make subforums for specific fish.(Tangs, Wrasses, Puffers, and Eels) I think that is all I can think of, so really consider it. (Its for the good of the site)

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
frankly the SW forums stink. (really stink)

Predator 1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2008
East London. England.
I totally agree with Kdcarey. For a Forum with almost 34,000 members the Marine section is in need of a overhaul, to say the least.
For example, to my knowledge there is no Forum in existence that is dedicated to the keeping of Marine Predators. Couldn't that subject be incorporated into the Marine section?
The list is endless to be honest. Much food for thought!

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
Kdcarey;1609320; said:
agian lol
ok ummmm where was i .... Yes, I think we should create SW as a section with General SW and then make each of the subfforums their own forums. I think as the Popularity increases, We will make subforums for specific fish.(Tangs, Wrasses, Puffers, and Eels) I think that is all I can think of, so really consider it. (Its for the good of the site)
I think that making a SW forum for specific marine species is making it too complex, the list would be far too long....I always go back to the "KISS" train of though..."Keep It Simple Stupid" (and no, i am not calling you stupid...LMAO ) ......Take a look at the marine section on AC...I think it would end up with loads of subforums and little traffic in each...

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
yeah i agree marine section here is pretty crappy usually full of people with spare freshwater tanks click on the marine link by accident and then just ask us to list everything they need. Thats super annoying lol

but saying that thats how i got the idea for my reef tank haha :D but at least i did a few years studying before i did it.

this site is for monster fish! its not really a clownfish friendly website lol I like that its not over populated! were like a little marine fish keeping family lets face it were way cooler than the freshwater guys...altho i have freshwater fish...haha they won't read that because they never come in here so it's ok!

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I agree. Would be fun to make certain threads for just filters, lighting, skimmers, etc.....

I have notice that there are a lot of reef sites, with strictly saltwater forums, so that may have some reason behind it as to why.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
ya i kno theres like 10 of us tht really monitor the SW forums but id like to make it bigger + the whole species sub forum thing would only happen if the general SW got stuk with a million how do i mix my tangs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store