Florida
Is it a new tank?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Do you have rock/sand in the tank??
Have you tested the water to see if its ammonia??
do you have stock-fish/corals??
what type of filtration are you using??
are you running a skimmer??

A bit more info would help with this, and as mentioned earlier possibly a pic or two.

Savior19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Austin Tx
Whats a skimer.....it will be a while B4 i get a pic up....Rocks at the bottom.....my other prob is my Dragon goby wont eat....my silver tiped shark does and they are in the same tank

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
i would really suggest testing the ammonia?? if you have ammonia in the tank it will more then likely be the very reason why your goby is not eating.

How often do you do water changes?? How often do you clean your filters?? Its imperative that we get some of this info in order to give you the best advise out there.

A skimmer is a device that injects micro bubbles in a chamber with tank water filtering through it. The micro bulbs attach them selves to "impurities" and cause a thick foaming action with collects into the collection cup. In terms the thick "skimmate" is basically poop and urine from your fish. There a very effective piece of equipment designed to help saltwater aquarist keep there water clean.

Savior19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Austin Tx
I change my water once a week.....I change my filteronce every 2 weeks...i feed it blood worms....I have test strips, it test pH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Carbonate, general hardness.....are any of those amonnia

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
no, ammonia is a test all in its own. It should be part of any saltwater/freshwater test kit.

go to your LFS and get a saltwater master test kit. Get the liquid kind, Much better. Make sure ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and at least PH are part of the kit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store