Looking for sw wholesale

hockeydude9819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2008
Gulfport,MS
Im trying to find a few websites that sell fish wholesale to the public, as long as the minimum is only a few hundred dollars. I keep finding websites but they only sell to fish store owners. If n e 1 can post a few, it would be greatly appreciated

Fish Finder

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
That's not going to happen. Because first off they all have a min order of at least $300. And by selling to you they risk losing there real accounts. Average wholesale order is $1k. If u do find one it will be one that's on it's way out because there stock doesn't live.

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Yeah gotta agree there. I go to a wholesaler every 2 weeks and pick fish out for my work and have seen quite a few random walk ins off the street be told to go away because if the retail shops heard he was selling to there potential customers they wouldnt buy from him anymore.

yoimb0b

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
???
People always want stuff cheaper then they can get. Wholesalers are just that, wholesalers... they sell to stores so stores can make money, keep their doors open, and help people like you (hockeydude) with all your questions when you come in complaining that your fish keep dieng and you do not know why.

Just find a good lfs, and support them haha. If a wholesaler sells directly to customers instead of stores,they are hurting the stores. Online is great to save some money on certain supplies, but they cant help you test your water or answer your questions. Just my .02 cause I work at a fish store.

hockeydude9819

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2008
Gulfport,MS
I dont have problems with my fish dying dude, i have been keeping fish for about 9 years now.I dont want people thinking im just one of those guys that buys tons of fish just because i have a ton of tanks and everything i have dies. Im not trying to be a deusch bag or anything, but i just thought it would be cool to find fish wholesale because i got a lot of tanks. I do understand however your guys point about supporting my LFS, and i agree. The problem is, i live in Gulfport,MS and we have like 1 saltwater store around here. I have been looking online for some places, and i found a fair amount that seem pretty decent. By the way, if n e one knows of a good fish store in the area, maybe even as far as Alabama or Louisiana (sp?) let me know, im about 45 minutes from Mobile going east, and a little less then an hour from New Orleans going west

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Deano1956;1651863; said:
I have 2 eels coming next week from Rob in Hawaii next week and I will let you know how it works with him

def. keep us posted. I might give him a shot if hes good for ya.

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
only one drawback like always- he needs a minimum order of 100.00 plus shipping. I have wanted a white mouth morray but couldnt find any one who had any in stock so he went and caught them tuesday, 1-14" and 1-16+ and I will have them next wed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store