Your Opinion

cichlidman1888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Mansfield , Ohio
As i have said i have a 29 gallon... including ... blue damsel, sixline wrasse, foxface lo, Fu Manchu Lionfish, and a spider hermit crab..

I would like to breed clowns or some sort of SW fish.. I have the problem now of my spider crab and my lion eating shrimp and even a arrow crab.. what types of fish can be easily bred in a 29 gallon with or with out the two eating machines that i have ??!!!

also should i get rid of my lion or not.. being are they that easy to find again if i wanted one

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
personally i would just set up another tank, unless you don't mind if the fry get eaten.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
am i the only one who thinks tht tank is overstocked????
I have had foxgaces at like 8" n ur lionfish i think will het to like 4" with like 7" wingspand

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
im thinkin the lion is not such a good idea in a 29 gallon myself. I would recommend with any attempt to seriously breed SW fish, that seting up a seperate tank is more then ideal. I tried to breed clowns and that did not happen, but i had great luck at pajama cardinals, being some of the easiest SW species to breed.

Its always a good idea to have the fish that your intend to breed only, this will reduce stress and give the fish the chance to breed in the first place.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
the other fish will eat the eggs/ fry and the lion will end up eating the smaller fish.

the foxface has got to go either way.

breeding is usually only accomplished in species tanks or very large ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store