live rock

cichlidman1888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Mansfield , Ohio
i was just reading on a post 1-2lbs/gallon of live rock .. i now have like 20 lbs if that in my 29 gallon .. i need to find a place that sells live rock cheap.. fuji live rock is what i have .. does anyone know of any online places or people who ship live rock cheaper than $10 a lb ??

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
why cheap? if something is worth doing, its worth doing it properly!
(don't listen to me i'm just bitter i have to pay more for everything here in England)

or you could just get some base rock.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
lol princess has to pay like 10usd for a pound lol where its like 2 buks here

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I agree with princess post, that base rock might not be a bad idea to look at. If your not worried about adding rock, thats not going to help out with the bio-load right away, then this will be the cheapest route to go. The rock will populate throug time and will then start to help out with bio-load.

other options would be buying uncured LR and curing it yourself in a rubbermaid container and then when finished add to your tank. This will help our with the bio-load right away in the tank.

IMO its not a bad thought to get base rock. Only problem you will have is moving all the rock in the tank, to get the base rock in and then topping it off with the other LR. Not a lot of work but will disturb the tank a bit but i dont think this will effect the tank much.

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
check out dr. foster and smith, they've got nano packages for under $10/lb shipped, i belive it comes out to about 5~6/lb

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
cichlidman1888;1616463; said:
i was just reading on a post 1-2lbs/gallon of live rock .. i now have like 20 lbs if that in my 29 gallon .. i need to find a place that sells live rock cheap.. fuji live rock is what i have .. does anyone know of any online places or people who ship live rock cheaper than $10 a lb ??

I would just add 10lbs of base rock...given time and a stable tank, it'll soon become live...

princess;1616512; said:
why cheap? if something is worth doing, its worth doing it properly!
(don't listen to me i'm just bitter i have to pay more for everything here in England)

or you could just get some base rock.

LOL...I hear ya...its painfull for us here in England...We pay through the freakin nose for everything marine.....grrrr :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store