Am i crazy, Or will this work?

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
Alright guys, I Decided to do a saltwater setup, as i manage a petstore, and get everything at cost.. it costs me almost nothing to do so..
now my question is just about inhabitants,

Would these work together..

Niger Trigger
Snowflake Eel
Dwarf Fuzzy LionFish
Koran Angel Fish
Flame Angel
powder Blue Tang

What do you guys think?

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
What is considered Large for saltwater? I know in Fresh water, even 180's aren't considered big.. The tank I will be using was custom built for FW plants a couple years ago, it is 5 feet long, 2.5 feet wide, and 1.5 ft high..

From what i read, none of those fish get very big at all, even tho my tank is fairly big.. what size is minimum for them? Saltwater is alot different then fresh lol!

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
a 180 gallon will work fine for a pred tank, but you will want to reconsider your stocking list. consider your filtration as well. Any ideas what you will be using and i hope you plan on running a skimmer for at least 300 gallons. IMO

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
I will be using a SUMP, and i will buy the best skimmer available, wholesale value is a wonderful thing,

with that much room, and so few fish.. why would i need too reconsider my stocking list?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
due to compatability concerns. Tangs, angels and eels are good, but i would stay away from the lion. As mentioned ealier they pick on the lion. Triggers are okay but only certain species. Triggers can "lose there temper" lol and destoy a tank if not matched properly. Most juvi triggers will be good only to turn or get fussy later down the road.

You can mix match any fish you want as long as they work together. Ask questions and post your ideas and we will give you our insight.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
I would get rid of tht lionfish mayb replace it with a puffer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store