Datnoid Food List

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
One of the biggest topics on the Datnoid forum is stability. Since one of the biggest factors contributing to getting your Dat stable is there diet, I thought everyone could list what they feed their tigers.

This should give some people new to keeping Dats a head start, and hopefully even give the veterans a couple new ideas.

Please don't list anything you think/assume would be good for Dats, just what you actually do feed yours.

I feed my Dats the following...

Market Shrimp
Krill
Silver Sides
Shrimp Pellets
Carnivore Sinking Pellets

And when smaller, they will also get...

Blood worms
Mysis Shrimp
Brine Shrimp

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
i feed my 4 dats NLS, large fish formula(sinking) and jumbo fish formula(floating) the indo wont eat sinking once it touches the floor so i have floating so he gets some, 2 thin bars eat sinking pellets only and my last thin bar dat which is the lamest cause i cant convert him to eat pellets, i feed the frozen blood worms but everyone gets in on that so i feed it last...i want the others to eat as much as they can so they are full and will leave the BW for the stubborn one...

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
TCZeli;1638550; said:
Market Shrimp
Krill
Silver Sides
Shrimp Pellets
Carnivore Sinking Pellets

And when smaller, they will also get...

Blood worms
Mysis Shrimp
Brine Shrimp
Blackworms
Earthworms/Nightcrawlers
Haddock/Pollock Fillet
Beefheart

Datnoid101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Off the deep end
tigercraze.com
Futian freeze dried krill
Futian freeze dried shrimp
Hikari food sticks
Hikari sinking carnivore
Hikari massivore delite
Hikari algae disks
Dainichi growth
Market shrimp
Hikari spirulina
Hikari bio-gold
Hikari cichlid gold
Hikari oranda

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
AT: market shrimp, Hikari sinking carnivore pellets, Omega One shrimp pellets, turkey, fish filets
won't eat anything that floats at the top

IT, NTT: haven't gotten them to eat yet that I've noticed

I've fed some feeders to my AT, but only because I had a payara that would only eat live, but it's out, so no more feeders until I get a breeding program set up. If the NTT and IT don't eat for two weeks, I may give them a couple feeders, esp. the IT since it's so small and I don't want to starve it to death.

FishPower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
LosAngeles
main food: hikari sinking carni pellets
occasional: shrimp/tilapia

I actually notice a huge difference in "stability" after i feed them pellets rather than shrimp/tilapia

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store