Entry level setup?

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Would this be a decent entry level setup? What would this be worth?

This is a 50 gallon breeder reef aquarium with built in overflow, stand, and canopy. It includes 40 lbs live rock, live sand, lots of zoanthanid corals, a few ricordea, mushrooms, coral banded shrimp, large yellow tang, mandarin goby, sand sifting star fish, pink sea cucumber, emerald crab, snails, hermit crabs. Equipment includes a Mag 9.5 with SCWD for flow, 55 gallon sump with cheato, euroreef skimmer (RS-80?), coralife UV light (18 watt), adjustable flow peristaltic pump, Mag 18 return pump, 2x 150 watt metal halide HQI coralife lights, 4x96 watt coralife power compact lights, fan built into canopy, 2/3 full 64oz containers of calcium, iodine, molybdenum, and purple up, other misc. stuff.

NilePufferFanatic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Idaho
If you paid retail, about $1,500-2,500. Sometimes you can pick something like that up for $500. Keeping in mind that light is probably worth more than $300 by itself.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
depends on if you bought this second hand.

Whats the dimensions on the breeder tank. Are the lights pendants or one whole unit when HQI and Compact. I Imagine with these lights that you will have heat problem even with the fan running. Thats just me though. im a t-5 guy lol.

Other wise sounds like a good tank. If its second hand then 1500 would be a good starting price.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Well I didn't get it.. it was an auction and about 3.5 hours from me.. it ended up going for $200.. my max was $175, one of those I don't need it but if it was that great of a deal I would. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store