an octopus's garden

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
caught this little bugger this morning, also got some juvenile grouper of some sort, and lots of stonefish and puffers. but i had to bring this awesome little monster home.
he's living in the refugium on my reef [title :) ] till i set up a 20 or 30 for him. or maybe i'll just let him have the display tank for now [it's unstocked]

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
yup, i've got a lid on the fuge pretty secure.
he's a hardy little monster, started attacking the other fish in the cooler almost as soon as they hit the water. the colour-changing is awesome to watch as well, i'll see if i can get a video of it.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Nice! Any idea what species he is?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
if you put the hookl end of velcro along the inside rim of the tank, i hear that's a pretty good deterant

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
BIGgourami;1650890; said:
if you put the hookl end of velcro along the inside rim of the tank, i hear that's a pretty good deterant
Thats a cool idea, I have never heard that one before.

Cute little octopus u got there! :)

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
BIGgourami;1650890; said:
ah yes, i heard people used astroturf for that. i might just add a strap of velcro for extra security.
i'm not sure that sp. it is though.
thanks for the compliments.

MarlboroMan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
socal
I had a friend use vaseline to line the top of the tank with no ill effects. In fact, the octo only went up to the top once, after establishing, it was fine hanging around the rocks.

Kdcarey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2007
Florida
pics of the other fish??????

i second the astroturf

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store