Catfish anatomy

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Don't know if I have ever posted in the catfish section about this, but not only do I keep really large catfish for pets but I also do skeletal articulations as well. Here are a few pics of a marble catfish that I have done. I'll try to put some more info/pics up for everyone to view.

On another note. Many of these fish come from fellow fish keepers and fish store deaths. If you have a large catfish that you would like to donate to me for disection and display let me know. Also if you would like a skeleton of your own let me know. I can do one for you, but I can't promise that it would be free lol. I know lots about catfish anatomy if anyone ever has any questions feel free to ask. If you do wish to donate just freeze your pet whole no matter how large if possible, and pm me about what you'd like to see done. I plan to help everyone know their pets inside and out.

Cliff

p.s. if you are wondering you probably have seen these pics elsewhere.

marble%20catfish%20skeleton1.jpg

marble%20catfish%20skeleton%202.jpg

marble%20catfish%20skeleton%203.jpg

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I guess I keep fish for life and beyond. I've done mostly other things besides fish, but lately I've been interested in fish anatomy. I've cleaned and articulated over 200 different species of animals to include about 45 species of fish.

kntrygrl4lyfe

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Pensacola, fl
Thats awesome looking, I remember seeing the pics you posted of them. Ever sense I wanted one done. Wish I would have known when my wyckii passed, about 24-25"

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
haven't done a wyckii yet. That would be cool though. so far the catfish I have done are

blue catfish
channel catfish
yellow bullhead
flathead catfish
stonecat
rtc
tsn
tsn x marble
niger
planiceps
black fin sharks
spotted rapheal
stripped rapheal
id sharks
banjo cat
pictus
sun or solar catfish
marble catfish
godiella equs(spelling)
plecos
pekoltia pulcher(spelling)
clarius sp.
ect.
theres more that I can't remember. I would love to do tons more, but all my fish seem to want to live lol. I also have a 2' long freeze dried pleco of some kind.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
pics of aucheniptichthys thorcatus, leiarius longibarbis(first post), pleco, rtc, tsn x marble, ictalurus punctatus, and furcatus.

new house fish 338.jpg

newer fish 2135.jpg

Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum x leiarius longibarbus hybrid.jpg

seaworld yaya 242.jpg

seaworld yaya 243.jpg

seaworld yaya 246.jpg

sorubimicthys planiceps.jpg

yehaw 230.jpg

yehaw 232.jpg

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
Cliff, your crazy. Are you going to be designing clothes for catfish soon :D :D :D j/k

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store