feeding clownfish?

hydroponic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2008
Missouri
i have a pair of nemo clowns and they dont seem to eat all that well. i have brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and reef plankton, but they seem to always spit out what they suck in. im sure they r eating some cause i've had them for about 6 weeks. they will nibble at the krill i feed the anemones, but they seem to spit it back out too.i am just wondering if anybody knows anything else they might like better.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
my clown did this as well. Not nearly as long as your are though. Try some garlic maybe just to help entise them to the food a bit.

It also would not be a bad idea to test your water and see what readings you have. This may tell you a lot as well. Could just be stress from water quality.

Just a few idea's

hydroponic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2008
Missouri
i thought that at first, but all my water levels are just right. i will try a little garlic 2nite

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
okay, good luck. Mine came through after some time. I noticed him feeding on a lot of copepods and what not. Might be that, let us know!!

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
mine goes APE for marine flakes, rushes to the surface to get them.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
i usually feed them the brine flakes. im glad to hear other people have the same results as me. I was kinda dumb struck when he went for the flake more then the frozen lol.

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
sweeTang21;1677635; said:
i usually feed them the brine flakes. im glad to hear other people have the same results as me. I was kinda dumb struck when he went for the flake more then the frozen lol.

Besides my home mixture, i've gone for some marine flakes this time, and the results have been very positive....

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
now do you have an anemone with yours?? i have trying too feed my anemones some food but they will not take it. any ideas for this

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
frozen krill/silversides

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store