Fish Trap?

cdf_1873

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Maumelle, AR
Ok ladies and gentlemen i need your help. As i'm sure many of you have i started my sw tank with a few cycler fish two of those being 3stripe damsels and as we all know they tend to be a pain in the a@@ but anyways now i'm trying to remove them be it they have made it for the last year and a half but now that the tank is full of coral i am ready to add a few new fish and everytime i do they just attack them and stress them out. any suggestions on how to get them out? do the traps work? when i get in there with a net i just end up knocking over corals so i'm open to ideas. Plz help!!!!

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
you shouldn't have got them in the first place

fish are for life not just for ............a year and half. think about it your taking them away from their home....they arn't gonna give you an easy ride, and rightly so.

;)

.......i know this wasn't helpful in anyway but it sounded like i knew what i was talking about so it works for me.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
In the past, I've had good luck catching fish in a large conch shell. I always seem to have one in my salt tanks. Most fish would go hide in the shell when I start chasing them with a net. Once they hide in the shell, put your net over the shell opening and remove the shell from the tank. The fish will flip out of the shell and into the net.

cdf_1873

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Maumelle, AR
Thanks for the advise princess even though it was no help. They are only going into anohter tank they should not be allowed to stay there when they harass the other fish not like they are going for a ride in the toilet. And thanks spotfin i will try that can't hurt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store