Thank you, Subaru

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
17 h power outage. This guy saved lives. Got for Christmas from my wife, God I love her. But she was out of town, so she didn't even see it in action. I hooked up the tanks, TV, and DVD player. :popcorn: The entire neighborhood was dark - 'xcept my fishroom. Hooked up a space heater for my furry pets, and still had plenty of watts to spare. The Subaru ran overnight, and I gassed it up again the next morning. Power came back around noon.

HarleyK

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Viet_TL;1686046; said:
nice wuts the price tag on one of those? wantin to get one long time
Dunno - Santa brought it ;)

Just stroll along the aisles of your home local improvement store, and you'll find all kinds for all budgets. Tip: My local Home Depot had a half-off sale in November...

HarleyK

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
I am currently looking into a electric back up system, I believe it's around 400 watts for 2 hours, but with less than 400 watts the lasting time also go's up. I will update my experiences when I get it.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
i've got a giant yellow generator in my garage, useful, but i only use it when the power is going to be out for a few days, i sleep off the 4-12 hour outages, never really had a prob for my fishies with those sort of outages.

most of the people on my street have backup propane generators built into the houses power, so as soon as it goes black..zap, back on..

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
---XR---;1686476; said:
i sleep off the 4-12 hour outages, never really had a prob for my fishies with those sort of outages.
I assume you don't have canister filters in your set-up. They turn toxic after a few hours if they haven't just been cleaned ... not a risk I am willing to take. :grinno:

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
HarleyK;1686629; said:
I assume you don't have canister filters in your set-up. They turn toxic after a few hours if they haven't just been cleaned ... not a risk I am willing to take. :grinno:

really?..had no idea, haven't had a problem before, i don't understand how they would turn toxic though, something to do with the choice of media no doubt? i use ceramic bio media for the most part.

please explain how this happens..

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
---XR---;1686636; said:
really?..had no idea, haven't had a problem before, i don't understand how they would turn toxic though, something to do with the choice of media no doubt? i use ceramic bio media for the most part.

please explain how this happens..
the bio eats up all the oxygen in the water in the can, and then the bio starts to die off,hence lots of ammonia.then when the can gets turned back on you have a giant ammonia pump.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
dmopar74;1686645; said:
the bio eats up all the oxygen in the water in the can, and then the bio starts to die off,hence lots of ammonia.
alright good to know, you learn something new every day off MFK...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store