groupers?

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
im very interested in groupers and would like to know if there are any that get 2-3 ft. max and are ugly lol. and what tank size would be required for a fish of this size. ive never even done a sw tank, and dont plan to soon but am just entertaining my dreams! thank you for your time.

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
something along the lines of like 10+'X3+'x2' im guessing for a grouper thats 2-3' long

schulace123

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
MINNESOTA
I know that one of the big ones sounds cool...but the smaller groupers are much better looking and just as agressive and mean.
look up minitus(spelling). They are easily one of the coolest looking groupers, and you wouldnt need a huge tank. Thats just what I would do.

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
schulace123;1702471; said:
I know that one of the big ones sounds cool...but the smaller groupers are much better looking and just as agressive and mean.
look up minitus(spelling). They are easily one of the coolest looking groupers, and you wouldnt need a huge tank. Thats just what I would do.
thats what i would do they are also known as coral trout ! beautiful fish that top out at somewhere between 12"-18",although like most groupers they are a bit shy at first:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store