Stingray Export Ban cancellation

jacochoi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2007
seoul
I've heard about brazil Stingray Export Ban cancellation.

It's not permanent cancellation but just limited quarter in MAY ~ JULY, 2008. (so I'm told)

If it's right, how many brazil rays is sold ? , the ray is inexpensive ?

and what do you think about the quater polocy's influence in price, down or not ?

Have a nice Ray~~

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
jacochoi;1704542; said:
I've heard about brazil Stingray Export Ban cancellation.

It's not permanent cancellation but just limited quarter in MAY ~ JULY, 2008. (so I'm told)

If it's right, how many brazil rays is sold ? , the ray is inexpensive ?

and what do you think about the quater polocy's influence in price, down or not ?

Have a nice Ray~~
Ray prices are all dropping..

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
Heard the same rumor we shall see. We have also heard that in April they would allow a small quota of rays and nothing ever happened. The whole story is basicly that IBAMA has decided to ban alot of pleco species and in return for exporters about to go out of business and lose lots of money they will allow a small quota of rays for 1-2 months and then close up everything for good again. But at the moment there has been no decision on rays yet from IBAMA. Still just speculation. We have been hearing that price will be 500 coming from brazil for black rays leo, henlei etc and figure with shipping and import fees will land at 600+ then markup from sellers and middleman and they will be around 1000 or more. This will lower the price for a short period of time about 6 months I assume and then it will return to normal price. Buyers in asia are foaming at the mouth with this rumor and I would place my bets that 90% of all rays will go to euorope and asia and we'll get the leftovers. I have placed orders with all my wholsalers from Brazil if it does happen and even I will be lucky to get anything with a minimum order of 50 or more rays to even be considered for any of there sale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store