Latex gloves to avoid stings/injuries?

Oldmano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
I've been looking at some marine threads, and have noticed a great deal of them somewhere along the lines of "I got stung", detailing people sticking their hands in their aquarium and taking them back out covered in painful bristles and what not. This is something I would like to avoid if possible by employing the use of gloves, just simple latex ones. Would this be advisable or harmful to fish? If so is there anything else you can wear for protection?

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
the powder-free latex would work as would nylon or pvc... but they won't do much against a tang or lion, but things like coral, nems, and maybe bristleworms...

those whole are aqarium gloves are better but still not stab proof if they really want to get to you.. like a trigger or puffer.

Oldmano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Good thing I don't plan on keeping tangs, lions or trigger fish then. Do you think that the aquarium specialized gloves are tough enough to withstand a blow from a clown mantis shrimp? Which I may keep.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
try welding gloves then... :D

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
maybe those neoprene fishing gloves?

Kellanved

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2008
Seattle
Well, if your really that worried about it, go to your local store for fishing gear, and see if they don't have any of those stainless steal chainmail gloves for people who don't know how to get crabs out of crab pots without getting pinched

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Oldmano;1710036; said:
I've been looking at some marine threads, and have noticed a great deal of them somewhere along the lines of "I got stung", detailing people sticking their hands in their aquarium and taking them back out covered in painful bristles and what not. This is something I would like to avoid if possible by employing the use of gloves, just simple latex ones. Would this be advisable or harmful to fish? If so is there anything else you can wear for protection?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/StoreCa...oves_1_pair?&query=gloves&queryType=0&offset=

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store